CMOnow was founded in 2016 to help small and medium-sized companies to have access to best practices in the area of marketing that they otherwise miss. Based out of Delhi/NCR, CMOnow brings to clients the experience honed with marketing practices of some of the best global consumer goods companies as well as cutting-edge Indian tech startups. Clients can benefit by working with us in areas of brand development, advertising, ATL media, digital marketing, content marketing, insights, analytics and below-the-line activation.
The vision of CMOnow is to bring the highest level of marketing competencies in businesses so that better customer value and experiences are created regardless of size and nature of business.
About the Founder
Lk Gupta has over 25 years of experience in diverse marketing areas such as brand management, insights, advertising, media, retail and digital marketing. Having been closely associated with consumer behaviour at every step of his career, he deeply believes in the power of a brand’s storytelling with integrated marketing, be it offline or online media.
He champions the cause of marketing leading business growth whilst empowering consumers to make the best decision for themselves, and for marketers to use insights and analytics to constantly sharpen the brand’s proposition.
Lk carries strong multi-country experience handling operations in India, Gulf, South Africa, North Africa and Levant countries with varying levels of market development and wide cultural differences. He brings solid marketing experience in both modern and traditional trade environment, and traditional and digital marketing.
Lk completed his MBA from IMT, Ghaziabad in 1991.
His last corporate tenure (till Oct, 2016) was as Chief Marketing Officer for GirnarSoft group, a Jaipur-based company that boasts of market-leading auto-portals like CarDekho, Gaadi, Zigwheels and BikeDekho. Lk joined GirnarSoft in 2014, and set up their marketing department from scratch, building it to a 30+ marketing team comprising online and offline marketing of all forms.In his tenure CarDekho became the most visible auto portal brand, and lead-gen and car sales business grew multifold. He defined and executed the brand identity and revamped the editorial team and content output across the company’s portals to get better consumer connect and web traffic.
Prior to GirnarSoft, Lk worked as Chief Marketing Officer for redBus.in, India’s leadings online bus ticket booking company.
He set up the brand identity for redBus and implemented a number of initiatives including TV ad campaigns,social media and emailer models.
He scaled up the customer acquisition programme with search marketing as well as affiliate marketing and alliances.
Between 2007 and 2012, Lk was Vice President and CMO for LG Electronics, India.
He helped dramatically increase LG brand’s visibility and aspirational quotient, with all-round increase in the brand’s consumer preference and market share. Over a five-year period he brought about radical change in marketing methods and practices within the company.
- Communication architecture based on “one brand” positioning. Under his leadership, India became the first country in LGE globally to implement a comprehensive “Life’s Good” communication.
- Go-to-Market strategy based on Segmentation-Targeting-Positioning approach, and execution of initiatives across Marketing, Channel, After-sales Service, R&D and Product planning.
- Social marketing implementation to give digital leadership to LG brand.
- Exclusive brand shop strategy in line with premium branding and Brand Stores marketing calendar to support the exclusive channel.
- Global sponsorship of International Cricket Council (ICC) events, delivering a superior 8-year programme.
Worked for Gillette Company (later acquired by Procter & Gamble) for over 11 years. Learned and applied global best practices and processes in marketing.
- Media and Market Research consolidation first at Gillette India and later at Gillette Middle East & Africa region. Worked on brands like Gillette, 7 O’Clock, Wilkinson, Duracell, Oral-B and Braun.
- Regional Business Management of brand Oral-B MEA region. His methods in retail, PR, product portfolio and pricing ladder led to Oral-B emerging as the unquestioned #1 brand across the region.
- Brand Manager – Arabian Peninsula at Procter & Gamble. Managed P&G’s toothpaste brand Crest and continued growing Oral-B. Created a new growth strategy for Crest to encompass all trade channels and exploit the full range of product and pricing mix.
Lk started his career in 1991 as a Research Executive at IMRB in New Delhi. During his five-year stint at IMRB, he led market research projects for clients such as Gillette, Nestle, Dabur, Escorts and New Holland. He was closely associated with development and launch of successful brands like Gillette Presto and Dabur Vatika, among others.